Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Sunday, May 17, 2009

W3PM Hears the WSPR Rig he Inspired

I got a nice e-mail from Gene, W3PM. Gene's simple homebrew SSB rig for WSPR provided the inspiration that got me into the WSPR mode. We'd been exchanging e-mails a while back, then he mentioned that he would be away... Turns out, he ended up within range of my 20mW WSPR sig. (The picture shows Gene doing some maritime mobile satellite operating from the QEII in 2002.)

Hi Bill, I just wanted to let you know that I hear your 20 mW WSPR signal each morning around 0500 to 0700 UTC. Your signal strength varies between -21 and -26 dBm.

I am currently on vacation in Fettercairn (GM4YRE, IO86ru), Scotland which is located about 30 miles SW of Aberdeen in the northeastern part of Scotland. I have very limited internet access; therefore, I cannot report WSPR spots in real time. My WSPR transmitter is active most days on 30 meters until we leave Scotland... I run one watt to a low doublet antenna.

73/72 Gene W3PM GM4YRE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column