Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Friday, April 15, 2011

Space Beacon Success (and failure)

On the Yuri Gagarin anniversary day, I listened for the FM voice beacon from the ARISS-1 satellite on the space shuttle. Nothing heard here. But I was listening near the end of the period scheduled for the transmission, so I may have missed it, or the batteries may have drained.

But this morning I finally got confirmation that at least one of my packets made it through the Space Station's digipeater. The image above is from the "Stations Heard via ISS" web site. Obviously I need to do something to the position (Lat/Long) info in my packet so that I can show up on the APRS maps. Perhaps my symbol should be the SolderSmoke logo...

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad, *no one* heard it. Also it sounds like the folks at Roscosmos are proving to be a little bit of a headache for AMSAT...

    http://amsat.org/pipermail/amsat-bb/2011-April/033519.html

    73
    Mike
    K2MTS

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column