Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The New 17 Meter Phone Station

There it is. The SSB station has moved from the workbench to the operating position. I have it situated above the DSB rig, but both of them are hooked up and ready to go. My crystals (and the FCC) allow me to go from 18.110 to 18.128 with the DSB rig. The SSB rig goes from 18.128 t0 18.168 Mhz.

I've been having a blast with this setup. I'm running into old friends who I haven't talked to in one (or in some cases two!) solar cycles. I talked to Lee, G0DBE this morning -- our last contact was June 2000 (just before our departure from the U.S.) Yesterday I talked to Jorge, HK4CZE -- I hadn't spoken to him since 1995! Lots of U.S. contacts too. People really like it when I turn off my linear and go to 1 watt; they can almost always hear me with the 1 watt.

Our book: "SolderSmoke -- Global Adventures in Wireless Electronics"http://soldersmoke.com/book.htmOur coffee mugs, T-Shirts, bumper stickers: http://www.cafepress.com/SolderSmokeOur Book Store: http://astore.amazon.com/contracross-20

3 comments:

  1. A handsome station, indeed.

    73.......Steve Smith WB6TNL
    "Snort Rosin"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Hope to hear you on 17 some time. 73..er 72..(unless you've the linear fired up!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bill - "almost" heard you on 17m yesterday. I heard the other end of the QSO you were in (that's when I asked him to pass along the "Hello").

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column