Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Sunday, March 6, 2016

"My Favorite Programming Language is Solder" -- Boldport Kits

Look closely at the inscription on that USB stick.   Obviously I sympathize.   The folks at Boldport have some very interesting ideas and projects.   And they operate from a very cool location, just south of the river Thames, not far from my old home in London. 

Here is their main site: http://www.boldport.com/blog/2016/2/21/boldport-club-project-1

Here is where you can subscribe to receive a monthly project (with parts!) from them:
https://boldport.cratejoy.com/

As for the solder quote from Bob Pease, this was discussed before on this blog, back in 2011.  We were talking about an intereview that had been done with Alan Wolke W2AEW:

I also liked Alan's response to the question about his favorite software tool: "Gee, solder is soft, can we consider that software? I use a lot of that!" This is very reminiscent of a quote from the legendary Bob Pease (colleague of Jim Williams): "My favorite programming language is solder." (That quote was sent to me by Steve WA0PWK. Thanks Steve.)

2 comments:

  1. Saar Drimer of Boldport was on The Amp Hour podcast a few weeks back. Cool guy. http://www.theamphour.com/286-an-interview-with-saar-drimer/

    ReplyDelete
  2. But who said it first? Steve Ciarcia said "my favorite programming language is solder" back when he had his column in Byte, though I can't remember what year. Perhaps he heard it elsewhere, or he originated it.

    I thought Bob Pease was an internet thing, like "The Art of Electronics", neither of which I'd heard of until I got online 30 years go.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column