Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Alan Wolke Talks 'scopes on "The Workbench" Podcast


George KJ6VU is a long-time supporter of the SolderSmoke podcast.  He has recently teamed up with another ham and launched a podcast called "The Workbench."  This morning I listened to Part I of their interview with the legendary Alan Wolke W2AEW.   It was great.  As I was listening to Alan I was soldering together a crystal filter for my new receiver, and using my RIGOL 'scope to check the results.  

I liked Alan's description of how they made images of 'scope patterns in the days before the advent of Digital Storage Scopes (Polaroid!).  I also liked Alan's scorn for those who use the "Auto" switch on the 'scopes.  The host's reaction to Alan's description of a $300,000 Tektronix 'scope was also fun: "For that price I want to be able to drive a car into it and put a swing set behind it!"  Indeed.

Recommended listening:   
http://hamradio360.com/index.php/2016/08/30/ham-radio-workbench-5-oscilloscopes-part-1/

1 comment:

  1. Would like your opinion on which to purchase, Rigol DS1202Z-E or Siglent SDS1202X-E. They both fit in my budget.

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column